Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
This looks like a very fun 'everything' room!!! Great clean setup, and I love you can play both types of pool (very envious of you for that). We'd love a game room some day (including ping-pong).

The couch is a great idea. We toyed around a bit also with HT chairs or a couch and decided we could fit more (or more like 'squeeze") people into a couch (got one that is 84" wide, but seating area of 67 inches).

Again, great job!!!
Thanks for the compliment. I do have a board that I can put on top of the pool table which then makes it a ping pong table and if I switch it upside down, it is an air hockey table. Although recently we haven't played either. Mostly pool.

yeah, the sofa wasn't on my list when I thought of the upgrade but hey, it works out in the end! :)

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hey, anytime my friend!

Any shots of your TV from the seating position? And how did those NAD AVR speaker settings work out for you?
I will have to take some pictures.. yes, the speaker settings work perfectly. I greatly appreciate your assistance. In terms of watching movies.. well, now it is just a matter of finding the time which is hard to come by..

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
I will have to take some pictures.. yes, the speaker settings work perfectly. I greatly appreciate your assistance. In terms of watching movies.. well, now it is just a matter of finding the time which is hard to come by..
Hi Osage, here are some snaps while going thru some channels.

Room Furniture Table Property Interior design

Room Furniture Table Interior design Property

One is from CBS this morning and the other is for a channel that hasn't started yet.. :)

The view is from me on the sofa taken at eye level.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. I do have a board that I can put on top of the pool table which then makes it a ping pong table and if I switch it upside down, it is an air hockey table. Although recently we haven't played either. Mostly pool.

yeah, the sofa wasn't on my list when I thought of the upgrade but hey, it works out in the end! :)
That's awesome! You're covered on all gaming fronts. We love air hockey also.

·
Banned
2,264 Posts
Hi Osage, here are some snaps while going thru some channels.

View attachment 45879

View attachment 45880

One is from CBS this morning and the other is for a channel that hasn't started yet.. :)

The view is from me on the sofa taken at eye level.
Boy, does that look like a ridiculously sharp picture on that panel....nice! Thanks for snappin' the pics...

That table in front of your seating area doesn't distract you when watching films?

Glad the receiver settings worked out for you BTW! Does your system sound more "alive" with the settings I suggested?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Boy, does that look like a ridiculously sharp picture on that panel....nice! Thanks for snappin' the pics...

That table in front of your seating area doesn't distract you when watching films?

Glad the receiver settings worked out for you BTW! Does your system sound more "alive" with the settings I suggested?
Hi Osage,

The TV is above the poker area so when watching the tv, I don't notice the poker table. And if the lights are off and I am watching at night, the poker table is hidden so to speak.

yes, the settings are great. Funny thing thou on some channels, the vol goes up dramatically.. I have to reduce the vol settings but on other channels it is back to normal. I guess it is the way those channels are..

The system does sound alive. Very good. Thanks once again for the recommendations.

·
Banned
2,264 Posts
Hi Osage,

The TV is above the poker area so when watching the tv, I don't notice the poker table. And if the lights are off and I am watching at night, the poker table is hidden so to speak.

yes, the settings are great. Funny thing thou on some channels, the vol goes up dramatically.. I have to reduce the vol settings but on other channels it is back to normal. I guess it is the way those channels are..

The system does sound alive. Very good. Thanks once again for the recommendations.
Glad I could be of assistance, my friend...

You use the receiver to watch TV as well? I mean, you run your cable's audio through it?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Glad I could be of assistance, my friend...

You use the receiver to watch TV as well? I mean, you run your cable's audio through it?
yes, I have one long hdmi cable that goes from the TV to the receiver.

From the receiver, I have hdmi going to the opp as well as the PS4.

Question.

On the TV, I see the below.

Sound - Speaker Settings - External Speakers

Digital Audio Out - Audio Format - Dolby Digital.

Should it be Dolby Digital? The options are -- PCM, Dolby Digital, DTS Neo 2:5

·
Premium Member
5,823 Posts
yes, I have one long hdmi cable that goes from the TV to the receiver.

From the receiver, I have hdmi going to the opp as well as the PS4.

Question.

On the TV, I see the below.

Sound - Speaker Settings - External Speakers

Digital Audio Out - Audio Format - Dolby Digital.

Should it be Dolby Digital? The options are -- PCM, Dolby Digital, DTS Neo 2:5
Are you listening to the TV through the TV speakers or through your AV unit?

This is what I am thinking...
External speakers would mean the audio is going straight to your speakers, and is not going to a AV unit.

The Digital Audio out is for your AV unit... If you are watching Cable HD channels I would set it to Dolby Digital as that is what most of the TV channels are.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Are you listening to the TV through the TV speakers or through your AV unit?

This is what I am thinking...
External speakers would mean the audio is going straight to your speakers, and is not going to a AV unit.

The Digital Audio out is for your AV unit... If you are watching Cable HD channels I would set it to Dolby Digital as that is what most of the TV channels are.
Hi. Yes I hear everything from the in ceiling speakers. I control the vol via the receiver. I will leave it as is then. Thanks for the details.

Just to add, for the external speaker section..

On the tv, I see that you can pick external speaker or tv speaker..

Since I want my home theater speakers to come alive, I selected external speakers. :)

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Thanks for the compliments. My home theater is more of a multi-use home theater. When not watching movies and tv, we can play pool as well as chess and poker. Also, when watching sports, if it gets boring or our team is losing we can always keep the tv on and play pool in the meantime.. :)

Reactions: drummerboy1962

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hi Todd,

This update is for the "Have Your Home Theater or Two-Channel System Featured on Facebook and Twitter" thread.

I apologize up front. My camera taking skills are very poor. Also, I was not able to take a wide angle shot that would be able to take everything from left to right. So, instead, I went ahead and made a collage. I am not sure if this acceptable or not.. If not, don't worry. At least I tried. :)

http://i.imgur.com/A3qLf9Xl.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: drummerboy1962
21 - 35 of 35 Posts