Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am considering DIY my front mains for my home theater system. The main driving force is budget. I was curious if adding a layer of MDF to the sides would this improve or enhance the sound quality of the design? I am new to DIY home speakers, most of my past expeirence has been with Car Audio. Are there little things I can do the get the most out of these speakers? Any tips on the best way to finish the speakers? My wife wants a light maple finish. I do not have any experience finishing outside of wraping a sub box in carpet. :help:

Thank you in advance for your input.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
I don't believe any of us in a side by side double blind test could tell you which speaker has the double thick sides on them. I would build them according to the designers plans:T

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the input currently building the speakers with the help of my 4 year old daughter she loves to help me with all my projects. Wife changed her mind now she wants to paint them white... Wonder what color it will be next week?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been taking lots of pictures and i will do a thread on the build. Once I get em built I will need to figure out how to post pics within the body of the post's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.