Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people

After much reading :blink: and getting my connectors together, I was dissapointed to get an error message when trying to install R EQ W v5 on my Win XP service pack 3 (does have Java 5.0 installed as the download page suggests) on my desktop.

Error: Setting file times: c:\Program files\R EQ W V5\Uninstall.exe
and then
There were errors installing R EQ W V5

I have a Dell pentium 4, 266 GHz, 512 mb RAM.

I successfully installed the same file on my new laptop with Win7 (can't use it there re soundcard used)

Any ideas?

Richard

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am the owner of the computer, I presume I have administrator rights.

I have seen successful installs on service pack 2, I have sp3. ?worth a downgrade?

(And if you are the author of this software, haven't used it yet but it looks fantastic. I really appreciate all the support and the help PDF has been used ++, and have more to read cause it makes sense (sometimes on the second read but that;s me))

Richard

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Hi,

I'm successful at running REW on a laptop running WinXP, SP3 .

My Java version is ; Java 6, Update 24 ( build 1.6.0_24-b07 ) .

Java Home Page

Is there any particular reason why you are using the older Java 5 ?
- If not, try the latest Java 6 version & then try to install REW 5 once again.

<. EarlK

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh happy day

I decided to try a simple restart on my computer. On reboot I first checked the program files and the .exe file was installed.

I then retried the original installation file, said it was already installed, i said yes overwrite and then SHAZAM there it was.

When in doubt, rebooting never hurts.

I feel like a kid at christmas. Time to open my present and see if I can figure out what it does. Thanks for the feedback.

Richard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts