Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Mitsubishi HD 1080 and I have the DVI input going to the PS3, and the VGA input going to my computer, can I swicth back and forth between the two or do I need a spliter/convertor to use both

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I have a Mitsubishi HD 1080 and I have the DVI input going to the PS3, and the VGA input going to my computer, can I swicth back and forth between the two or do I need a spliter/convertor to use both

Thanks for the help
I checked online for a Mits manual, but I could not find one. IF these are two independent inputs you should be able to switch back-and-forth without a switcher.

I am curious about the DVI output from the PS3; I'm out of town at the moment, so I can't check my (old fat) PS3, but I don't remember there being a DVI output on mine. :scratch: Are you using an HDMI to DVI adaptor? If so, could you just connect the HDMI from the PS3 to the Mits? Just a thought; good luck!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the TV doesn't have a HDMI input so I have the DVI input with a HDMI adapter at the end to plug into the PS3, I agree there should be a way to switch back and forth but I couldn't find it in the manual

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
DVI and VGA are completely different inputs. There should be no reason that one cannot use both. The inputs may need to be configured in the menu.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts