2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there ... thanks in advance for considering my A/V woes. My setup is:

Vizio M65-C1
Vizio SB4051-C0
Dish Hopper
AppleTV
iMounTop™ 3x1 High Speed HDMI Switcher

90% of the time this setup works nicely. However, I experience intermittent dropouts where the system goes black, does some sort of a reset, and then pops back on. The blackout takes 10-20 seconds. If I'm watching DISH, everything returns to normal viewing after the blackout. When watching AppleTV playback pauses, and once the blackout is over I generally have to step back and manually resume playback.

On DISH, this happens approximately every hour or two (sometimes less often)
On AppleTV, this happens every 15 minutes or so. No bueno.

I'm trying to figure out which component is the culprit. Does anything above stick out like a sore thumb? For now, I will try removing the iMounTop switcher and see what happens.

TIA!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: I'm sure you are all on the edge of your seats.

I tried plugging each component directly to the TV eliminating the switch, and I couldn't replicate the problem. Thinking it might not be a hardware problem.

I think it may have to do with the AirPlay setup in my house. The iMounTop switcher is supposed to automatically switch to the input that is in use. I'm thinking that my desktop computer might be "polling" the AirPlay network occasionally and it may be tricking the switch into switching. Perhaps that's why it interrupts the AppleTV playback and why it temporarily turns off the DISH playback.

I will try deselecting the AppleTV on my AirPlay network and see if the problem persists.

Stay tuned ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts