Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
The uncompressed formats do make a dramatic difference if you have a subwoofer capable of going into the below 20Hz range. I also find that the dynamics of all the channels is better. Try Prince Caspian as it has the full 7.1 uncompressed channel mix and is amazing!

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
You will get the same results from the DTS MA encoded BluRays movies.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Can someone please do me a favor and tell me if there is a big difference in terms of bass extension when watching the Matrix films in Dolby True HD as opposed to their standard definition counterparts with lossy DD soundtracks ?

I can imagine the quality of the sound improves tremendously, but I was wondering if, as some have said, the bass depth improves dramatically, if the differences are huge. I've ordered the Matrix blu-ray, and I've got the remastered first Matrix (SD). Any input ?

Regards,
My personal opinion is that Yes, there is a difference. But you need a good speaker setup to hear it. If your sub in particular doesn't go below 20Hz it really wont be a dramatic as it could be.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
TruHD audio movies have a strange function in that it automatically turns on the night mode (DRC) in most receivers and needs to be manually turned off once the movie starts playing. You will notice a huge difference once you do that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts