Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My name's Cody; I work for TARA Labs. Not here to promote anything, this is just a disclaimer.

In my experience, I have found that tube amplifiers and pre-amplifiers offer a more musical sound – in the sense of resembling live, accurate, un-amplified music. I receive many comments from audiophiles claiming that their solid state components sound just as good if not better sometimes. I'd be curious to know what people on the forums think in the tube vs. solid-state debate?

(Please note that I have posted this on a few forums. I am not spamming, but rather would like to hear a wider range of opinions. I will make an effort to respond to all appropriate posts.)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Talk about a blast from the past, I have an old Tara Labs 1.5m RCA hooked up to my whole home audio system! Haven't thought about them in years, its good to know you guys are still around.

Anyhoo, I've heard both and really feel like it's too different to say one is better than the other. I like the warmth of a tube, but sometimes it gets a little bloated sounding. SS can get a little brash when pushed hard. I think it's up to the buyers ears!

·
Registered
24 Posts
yup...as movie downloadz getting very very common...its the phew phew sound coming from the back...whats worst is DAC is so common even i'm using unknowingly...lol... but i once heard many years ago... once u fall in love with tubes u will rather sing alone than turn on your AVRs... lol....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts