Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Without replacing the crossovers as well you would be very unlikely to get anything that would sound like the originals unless you can find exact replacements it may not be worth it as you would get undesirable results.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I'm not home to check them at the moment but if they are in fact blown you're saying i more than likely would have to replace the crossover as well? How difficult is it to replace a crossover?
In an old speaker like that it would take some electronics skills as you would have to rebuild it yourself or get one that is already made but that would mean that you would have to also find the correct speakers that would work with that crossover.
Personally your not going to save any money going this route. I would just buy some new speakers.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Yes and no, the crossovers and speaker cabinet were designed for the specific drivers that are in there now. given the age of the speakers it would be highly unlikely to find a match. Putting another brand in them would surly alter the sound and likely in an undesirable way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts