Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO ive been a long time reader of this and other home theater forums. ive decided to take the plunge and dive into the world of DIY HT subs. ive done plenty of car stuff in the past. my HT rooms a basement room about 30x15x8. power will be provided by an inuke3000dsp.

ive decided i want to use the new SI HT subs. i love SI as a company and used to love there subs in my car audio projects and i currently run 2 BM mkIII's in my truck.

ive decided on either 2 sealed HT18's in 4.5-5ft3 each

or a single THT/F20/lil wrecker with a SI HT15. im leaning toward the lil wrecker ( info on this horn can be found on avs) since i have the room and i like the low end capability over the tht or f20.

with the good price of the SI subs and the high prices of building materials i think im looking at around the same cost to do either. $500 + amp

Just wanted to get some opinions on SPL/SQ capability's of the 2 setups 60% movies / 40% music

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Lilwrecker would be my choice if you have the room. That thing looks amazing and I will have to build one of those soon also.

·
Registered
376 Posts
SO ive been a long time reader of this and other home theater forums. ive decided to take the plunge and dive into the world of DIY HT subs. ive done plenty of car stuff in the past. my HT rooms a basement room about 30x15x8. power will be provided by an inuke3000dsp.

ive decided i want to use the new SI HT subs. i love SI as a company and used to love there subs in my car audio projects and i currently run 2 BM mkIII's in my truck.

ive decided on either 2 sealed HT18's in 4.5-5ft3 each

or a single THT/F20/lil wrecker with a SI HT15. im leaning toward the lil wrecker ( info on this horn can be found on avs) since i have the room and i like the low end capability over the tht or f20.

with the good price of the SI subs and the high prices of building materials i think im looking at around the same cost to do either. $500 + amp

Just wanted to get some opinions on SPL/SQ capability's of the 2 setups 60% movies / 40% music
Nice! The best sounding sub stage setup I've had is a toss up between two Mag v4's or two BM mkIII's. Each had its own strengths. Hard to put a number on which one was better (actual sonic characteristics, not output levels). One setup (BM mkIII's) took up a LOT less volume though! Haha.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Go with the tapped horn sub if you have the room, or multiple sealed if you don't. The tests on the SI subs suggest a loose suspension, thus they would need some protection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts