Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Man! I thought I was being so creative too
Oh you were! I must have been under the gun or something in my last post? Anyway I really like the look of what you built! The two little piglets:) Very nicely executed.

If you ever do decide to veneer them, know it's a option.. you just don't glue the whole surface like you would on MDF or the like.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Boom, what tool did you use for the graphs you posted?

Paul
Room EQ. I used Photoshop to combine mutliple graphs so they are easier to compare. The axis scales are messed up because I used my fiancee's Mac to do room EQ and it screws up the numbers when you move the scales.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
I am not entirely sure about this, but it is possible to merge graphs. If a person is attempting to open an older set of measurements and lay them on top of newer measurements they can do so by taking the newer measurements and opening up the older measurements from the file menu (load Measurements). The next step would be selecting "view all measurements" to lay them on top of each other.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
I love this design, could you tell me how long the 16" sonotubes are. I think I will build a couple of these to use for HT, but I may have a little bit more room than what it looks like these subs are. Great job on the build.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Jumungi5, those were built with left over pieces from making the speaker stands, rack, and faceplates. I wasn't really sure how they would work out but as it turns out they work great. I just had to wait until the rest of the sub was finished so I could get the final height to make the "cradles" so the subs sat level. I put a piece of the same foam that I used to seal the sub drivers in the faceplates down between where the sub rests on the "cradle". I was worried that the sub would have movement when playing but it is heavy enough where that has not been a problem.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Oops sorry Boomie, for some odd reason I thought he was asking about my subs not yours......hummmm going to be a lovely day today I can tell.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts