Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a question which I hope does not show my ignorance. I would like to connect two different receivers to the same front mains. I have an Onkyo receiver powering my 5.1 setup, I would like to use a older Pioneer receiver with a very good phono stage with my Sota table and connect the Pioneer to my mains which are connected to the Onkyo with banana plugs and use cable with spades from Pioneer to the mains also. Is this OK as long as I only use one receiver at a time or will this present a problem having two receivers connected to the same speakers? Thanks for listening, I look forward to your input.
Best regards...needspeed

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, yes there will be only one system active at a time. I think I will just interchange speaker cables at mains for each system. My HT receiver has phono stage, I could just use that, but after some research on Onkyo and Pioneer stages the Pioneer seems to be much better and offers 50 watts more power and would only be dedicated to the TT setup. I wish I had two rooms for both HT and stereo. I have the equipment for two dedicated rooms but not the rooms. Thanks again for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts