Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's. I have been tinkering with some different idea's and asking a few questions and appreciate the help I have recieved. I have two subs that I was toying with the idea of building one box for them. I know it is done with PR's but how about live subs? I have a 15'' TC-2000 and a 12'' Shiva X and my space is limited as I have found out the hard way. The eye's are bigger then the stomach syndrome I guess. Is this just a bad idea or have any of you done it with good results?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I thought but wanted to see if anyone had done it with just one volume for both. Now I am assumimg you could make one side of the box vented and one sealed or is that just not a good idea?:scratch: Also if anyone has done something like that I would love to hear from them.....Once again, Thanks Mike.:T

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I was just thinking of something different. I could build another box for the TC but I want to try something that isn't the same old thing. I already have my Shiva in a 4cf sealed box so I also could make the cutout for the speaker a little larger to fit the TC and then build another smaller one for the Shiva. :yes: I just want to explore all the options before making up my mind. :ponder:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been there, done that. An example of idea's bouncing around in my head is to build an A frame sub box with the bottom vented and the top sealed. I want to try something out of the box....pun intended....:bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's sounds interesting....I like the glass idea.....:yes:

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
I don't know how well it would sound vs a downfiring, I would think it would sound fine and it won't have a problem 'hopping'. The trick would be drilling the glass properly, probably worth having a professional do that portion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
you need to check that they move at the same time as each other, i noticed this problem when attempting to hook up three 8"s of different kinda in one box for the hell of it. take your camera and put the subs in sunlight and record them playing a range of freqs from 50 to 20hz. there will be a specific freq that makes the subs look like theyre moving realy realy slowly, and by watching back the vid you can see how far out of time they are from each other. if theyre pretty much the same they sound sound ok in a box together if you wire it correctly so theyre pushing with even force. if theyre out of phase youre realy only reducing the ammount of output as it has a similar effect to wiring two subs 180 degrees out of phase with each other (one moves in as the other moves out).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts