Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I am running my Dish DVR through my 809 via HDMI. When I turn the tv on the receiver always selects the TV/CD input instead of the Cable/Sat input so I have to manually switch it to the correct input. Was wondering if you guys could tell me what I have set up wrong. Also when I just pass the signal through without the receiver on I have to turn the tv on,off then on again to pass signal through. Gets annoying so help would really be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
CarPhi said:
Hi everyone! I am running my Dish DVR through my 809 via HDMI. When I turn the tv on the receiver always selects the TV/CD input instead of the Cable/Sat input so I have to manually switch it to the correct input. Was wondering if you guys could tell me what I have set up wrong. Also when I just pass the signal through without the receiver on I have to turn the tv on,off then on again to pass signal through. Gets annoying so help would really be appreciated.

Thanks!!!
HDMI handshaking between devices can be a pain. I recommend you don't use Rhid, but get a Harmony One or similar. The Activity based control will make things work much better. For everyone.

If you only use the DVR as HDMI Through though, you should select that source rather than Auto. Page 60 of the manual?

You could also look to move/reassign the DVR to tv/cd HDMI to see if that fixes your first issue.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
That actually does not sound like a Handshaking issue. It sounds more like HDMI CEC incompatibilities. Have you gone into the Hardware Setup in the Onkyo Setup Menu? Just make sure you enable HDMI Control to the AVR and that the Dish Box is not set to HDMI Control and you should be good.
Cheers,
J

1 - 3 of 3 Posts