Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I upgraded a graphics card in my kids computer (Dell Dimesion E521) so it's about 8 years old. I know the PCIe video slot is older but should have no issues at least displaying an HD resolution as the old card did.
I bought an ASUS Radeon R7 250 so they can play the newer Sims4 however after installing the new card and then installing the drivers it won't go higher than 1280x1024, I have tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling and no change

Help?:help:

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it still just says standard vga and when I click on the AMD graphics tool to adjust the screen resolution it comes up with " no AMD graphics driver installed or driver is not functioning"

The full model of the graphics card is a ASUS R7 250 2GD5

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
So in device manager it doesn't show the model of the card or the monitor either?

Have you downloaded the latest driver from the AMD site? I had no end of trouble with mine and now two years later it is finally working as it should. My next display card is going to be an Nvidia again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, I ended up downloading the driver straight from AMD and that worked. The CD that came with the card must have had issues :huh:

Reactions: robbo266317

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And same to you Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts