Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i wish to replace my 15" open baffle drivers. At present i need more xmas. I also suspect that the high Q makes the drivers a little less clean than they could be. I am thinking of trying the Exodus Tempest. I will need 4 drivers so all help getting this right will be appreciated. I will xover at 100 hz. Thanx:bigsmile:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually i am using Augies at present. I am hoping to find more clarity and volume than they offer.

·
Registered
292 Posts
DIYCable has 15" dipole/ob drivers with 22 mm xmax that I'm sure would compliment whatever you're running.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Thanx. i do like the Exodus driver. Its a choice between that and the Lambda so far
I was going to suggest the AE IB15 (not a lambda motor). It has a nice .7Q and it's older brother, the TD15h (lambda motor) is super quiet till xmax, which is paramount when chosing an OB driver. An example of a bad OB driver would be the SDX-15 and it's noisey pole vent when the excursion goes up.

I don't have any experience with the Exodus OB driver, but I don't see any reason why it would suck. I heard a lot of people talk good things about the Tempest and now the mal-x.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts