Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Hi Mark, waiting with baited breath for your new design, count me in for a build. In the meantime I am looking to upgrade from the trio 12 to the faital pro. I see in these threads mentions of the 12FH520 and the 12FH510. Which one? I am assuming its the 520 having seen your graphs on page 2. I have lived with the Ultimate SW now for just over 2 years and still can't wipe the smile from my face. Movies and music, fantastic. As you know I was contemplating a bigger build, but I need more practice with horn resp so that was shelved and a second USW was planned. However I will hold off until you have finished this new design. I for one would be more than happy to pay in advance while waiting for the final plans and also for the drivers to get in early. Wow SPL of 120db @ 16hz.

All the best, Rob.
If you give me an idea of what is available in your area for drivers I can run simulations to determine their suitability.

There are brands that are crazy expensive here that are affordable there and vice versa.

Contact me off of the forum if you are interested.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Drivers available in OZ are BC, Beyma, 18 Sound and Alpine. Others can be bought but for more money. Alpine's always do well in subwoofers for home theater.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
OK I'll run a set of tests.

How did you get to be staff!

Wow,.... the power!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I don't check this thread often enough.

I have most of the driver catalogs And I'll look into them tomorrow. Time to go to bed!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
92 inches long.

32 inches wide.

16 1/2 inches tall.

Teeny tiny box?

Nope.

Big box.

Bigger output.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I don't look here to often. And I missed some things that have been posted.

So requests for greater, more. Yes I have horn loaded sub designs that are indeed larger and louder. And there are riser and midbass designs that are in use and being firmed up for release.

So if you are interested, well a P.M. can get you along the way to insane output.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts