Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to use MSO and I realize that my measurements need a timing reference.

UMIK-1 USB Microphone
Win 7 Computer with latest drivers
HDMI connection to AVR

In the computer, I can set it to 7.1 and sent a test tone to each speaker in the system.

However, when I go to REW Preferences, I can only see the High Def Audio on the Java side, not on the ASIO. So, it doesn't look like I can select anything other than Left/Right/Both.

So, with that in mind, how can I get a timing reference?

Thanks,
Scott

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Are you using ASIO4All? If so, sounds like it may not be configured correctly to show the available devices. The guide here has detailed instructions.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I click on ASIO, I see the MiniDSP 2x4 HD but that's all.

I'm not using the ASIO4ALL but if it's known to work, I'll give it a try. I was under the impression that it had issues.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
The HDMI interface typically will not come with an ASIO driver, and the Java driver on Windows doesn't support multi-channel access to the device. ASIO4All wraps the Windows driver to create an ASIO driver that exposes all the channels.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got AISO4ALL v2 running.

Some differences that I see when I switch Preferences/Soundcard to the ASIO side:

Input - The option is see is 3: USB Audio Input 1, don't see the UMIK-1 listing.

In the ASIO Control Panel, I see:

Realtek High Definition Audio
UMIK-1

They are enabled as per the tutorial, but I don't have a line that says "HDMI Audio".

When I try to run the Check Levels, I get the pink noise coming out of the computer speaker for a second and then a pop-up message:

ASIO device has been reset due to:
Reset Request from driver
Inputs and outputs may need to be re-selected

I'm assuming that I need to find the "HDMI Audio" driver/setting. Any tips?

This computer is pretty old, I could haul a desktop in here if I have to. It's running Windows 10.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Is your HDMI plugged into your AVR and is that HDMI input selected on the AVR? The audio device may not be present unless there is a live connection. Beyond that I'd revert to that guide and the related thread, I haven't used an HDMI output for measurement myself.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yes, it shows up in the Java side as Sharp HDMI-1.

Then I switch to the ASIO menu and pick ASIO4ALL v2. The MiniDSP and Realtek ASIO drivers show up in the list also.

So, I found an Nvidia driver and updated it. Now I have another item on the ASIO Control Panel called "Nvidia High Definition Audio". I enabled it but I still got an error when I tried to play Check Levels.

But, I restarted everything and it worked! Thanks for the responses.

Back to measurements.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts