Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I have 2 issues with the Umik Mic . I am a new user to the Umik-1 mic and the REW software.
I tried to use the Umik mic to measure the ambient noise level by taking the reading from the REW SPL meter indicator. I have downloaded the mic txt calibration file but the software will suddenly prompted an Input Device Error stating that "it is not able to access the selected device and that Umik-1 Gain:18 dB does not have any lines supporting PCM_Signed 48000hz 16 bit..." error message.

My 2nd issues is the measurement data. Sometime, the REW software can recognise the Umik Mic but the noise level measured is about 20dBA higher than using a basic sound level meter or a SPL mobile app. Can someone help me with these 2 issues?
Thank you very much.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Assuming you are on Windows, if the UMIK is set up for exclusive access in the Windows audio properties and any other application tries to access it as an audio input REW may not receive access, hence no lines available. Make sure Exclusive Mode is not selected on the Advanced tab of the properties for the UMIK.

Are you using the latest REW beta version? That is required to show correct levels with the UMIK, you can download it from the end of this thread.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I am using win 7 and the latest REW beta version. After I unchecked the 'Exclusive Mode' for the Umik mic, I cannot start the SPL meter on the REW software. Please let me know what I have to do next?
Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts