Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a weird issue going on with my UMM-6 calibrated mic. I am generating pink noise and using REW SPL meter and a CM-140 SPL meter placed next to each other and the UMM-6 is reading 10db lower than the CM-140. The only reason I did this was because I could tell tell UMM-6 was not giving an accurate reading. I'm not worried about absolute SPL levels just want to be in the ballpark so I know what SPL i'm measuring at. I'm using the 90deg cal file with sensitivity. Do you think this is just something I should ignore or delete the sesitiviy factor and just calibrate myself. Could it possibly be a faulty mic or bad calibration? I can hear a difference of 10db and I'm sure my CM-140 is closer to the proper reading.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Handling of the influence of the input volume control setting for the UMM-6 is based on data a user provided a few years ago, that may no longer be valid for newer versions of Windows. A pragmatic solution may be to simply adjust the sensitivity figure, but it would be very helpful if you could provide some data on how the UMM-6 reading compares with the CM-140 reading at various input volume settings, I could then use that to update the handling of the UMM-6. Are you running Windows 10?

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
To add to the above, it would be handy to know what the input volume dB values are at 0%, 100% and a few positions in between.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts