Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted a polling on how people either deal with their 5-6 remotes, or if anyone has found a satisfactory Remote that services their needs???

Frankly I have 3 'quote' universals, but none of them hold up. I'm sick of paying $100-$150 for a remote that only really works on 3 devices (effectively that is)!

Thoughts? What do others use? Level of satisfaction?

- Josh

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks all for the replys! Sorry I have been AWOL for a few, but the remotes I have now are either not compatible with my equipment or can only power on/off a device, ar at best only operate a few basic keys...VERY frustrating!

Remotes I have:

Radio Shack 4-in-1 and a 5-in-1 was $60/$80 respectfully when I got them (Powers on all devices, powers off most, works on 2 devices fully and sound on 3)

Harmony 620 (?) and a 500 series each cost me $130 at the time (works all devices, but not all features unless I go the macro route maybe? - I find difficult to use!)

Not sure, but I think it is named MC-5 or UC-5? Anyways, it doesn't work with my Satellite Dish at all (turns it off, but not on)

Lastly, the issue I'm having is getting a remote that works both IR, radio and now Blue tooth (PS3)

[EDIT[ and yes I go on line for the updated remote codes :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts