Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pulled the pin on 2 RS180's, and the reference series tweeters to match. As well as an assorted amount of caps, inductors, and resistors.

8*9.5*49, ported. Two way (obviously) 1,800-2,000 Hz with a notch filter to help take care of that metal cone breakup up top. 2-3 Db BSC.. I'll let you know how it goes and how much better it is than my TB-W5-704 / Dayton Silky setup.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I'm making my own design, I'll post on and off axis (rough) measurements when they're done (not necessarily finished, just built. I'm anxious) I've got some pics here too.

·
Registered
302 Posts
My apologies for the off-topic referral; when you said you'd ordered 2 RS180's I saw an MTM. Those are clearly MT towers...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My apologies for the off-topic referral; when you said you'd ordered 2 RS180's I saw an MTM. Those are clearly MT towers...
Oh it's fine - it's my fault. I should have been more clear. I meant two RS180s, AND two RS tweeters. I'm bumbling about with the crossover assembly and having my dad help me with the carpentry aspect. I think the next boxes I build I'm going to buy a good table saw and plunge router to help (a lot).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts