Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning to get 2 maelstrom18's over the summer and I cant decide if I like vented enclosures or PR's. I have been doing some graphs and I decided I want all your opinions:D I am going to power the subs with a Behringer EP4000
and I want to keep it so I don't need a filter
I am open up to all suggestions here are some of the graphs I have done so far

thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Planning to get 2 maelstrom18's over the summer and I cant decide if I like vented enclosures or PR's. I have been doing some graphs and I decided I want all your opinions:D I am going to power the subs with a Behringer EP4000
and I want to keep it so I don't need a filter
I am open up to all suggestions here are some of the graphs I have done so far

thanks!
With a port you'll want a subsonic filter unless you go LLT. Which requires a huge box.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Derrick, your ported project file is incorrect. You do not change the "Series Resistance" under the Signal tab, change it back to the default which is 0.100.
Hmm must of uploaded the wrong file...sorry Ill upload it again.

I am thinking about going with the PR's since it is a smaller box and I think the only thing that I will give up is extension compared to the LLT.

bambino The box for the LLT is 20ft3 and the PR's are gonna be 10ft3

Attachments

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Hmm must of uploaded the wrong file...sorry Ill upload it again.

I am thinking about going with the PR's since it is a smaller box and I think the only thing that I will give up is extension compared to the LLT.

bambino The box for the LLT is 20ft3 and the PR's are gonna be 10ft3
What a differance in size my ''W'' would kill me if i even had thoughts on building a box that big, it was tough enough telling her that the two seperate 5cu.ft. enclosures i've got would be ok.:rolleyesno:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What a differance in size my ''W'' would kill me if i even had thoughts on building a box that big, it was tough enough telling her that the two seperate 5cu.ft. enclosures i've got would be ok.:rolleyesno:
Ya I agree lol, I am still a teenager soon going to college so I have to make it at least 20ft3 or I cant take it out oh the house:T
Either one will be good, I am just having a little dilemma with the PR's, thinking if I will need a filter or not:scratch:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Ya I am thinking about getting a reckhorn for that, overall though I think 2PR speakers will beat the combined LLT right? Thats the biggest question I have

I have changed the Passive radiator box a little so I uploaded it again. The OVPR file I uploaded is what I am expecting to see if everything was in perfect conditions(without any peaks or nulls) if I built 2 of them right(they are not wired together)

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya that wasnt what I am really going to power it with, that was more of a trying to get a grip on what it would the output would be like if their are 2 of them in a room. right?

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
Ya true, so what do you think? should I go PR or LLT?

Just to clarify, 2 Maelstrom-X's in 20 cu.ft. is not a LLT, that would be considered a large ported box.

As for which way to go, I'd do the twin PR'ed subs. They would be much easier to move around and your room placement options would be much better than a single 20 cu.ft. box.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts