Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Good Luck Bill, i do hope all is cured next February.
I need to go for a check up to but am just too scared. Maybe your post will finally get my butt to the doctor.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Wishing the best for you...a quick and healthy recovery.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Well, another 12 months in and the slippery slope continues.
psa.PNG

It is time to go and be blasted with X-Rays.

But the Oncologist says I may become Omnipotent and Incompetent.

Something to look forward to. :surprise:

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Prayers going out right now for a speedy recovery Bill. So glad you are comfortable enough to keep us up to date. The Lord always takes such good care of us. More than I derserve anyway!

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Quick update, I got tattooed two weeks ago so they can line the beam up for radiotherapy which starts next tuesday.
I may be a bit distracted, well more so than usual, over the coming months but hope to help out when and if I can.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I've spent the last year with my wife's mother doing this. You can do it!
We always appreciate whatever you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Well, it's been three months since my Radio-therapy and have the first results back.
After the operation the psa has risen 0.1 per year and, after therapy, it as fallen 0.1 in three months. :T
Now to wait the three months for the next blood test. :waiting:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Great news!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Hey, that's great news Bill, glad to see it! Must be a real load off yours & your family's shoulders. Keeping up the prayers for you!

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Hey, that's great news Bill, glad to see it! Must be a real load off yours & your family's shoulders. Keeping up the prayers for you!
Thanks Tonto,

I still am a bit lethargic from the therapy. However not as much so as three months ago.

The first drop was good, the second drop has lifted my spirits more.
It is difficult to describe the feelings that one experiences as the readings steadily rise over many years until they reach a level that they are willing to treat with Radio-Therapy to "mop up" the bits the surgeon wasn't aware of.

Anyway, here is the latest result. If the trend continues I should be cancer free by mid 2017!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
OK, I was a bit optimistic about mid 2017...

The radiotherapy damages the DNA of the cells and as they multiply they introduce more errors and die off in. This leads to a "half-life" style response and not a linear one.

Anyway, the latest test is still heading in the right direction. :yay2:

On a side note, I am glad we do regular testing for PSA levels here in Oz. I was in my mid 50's when the levels went off the scale (6.4) and was picked up early. (I may have said this earlier but my form was mid level aggressive and needed intervention.)

Unfortunately two of the ladies I work with have had, in the last three months, not as happy an outcome. One has lost a brother as it had already spread to his bones and has passed away and the other has a husband who also is untreatable since it has spread to his bones as well.

They are a similar age to me...

Attachments

41 - 60 of 62 Posts