Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kevin,

I have been thinking about getting a Shiva-X and I noticed there is a new dual 2 ohm version in the works. Do you happen to have an ETA yet on that product? I understand it would only be an estimate at this point. I'm not going to hold you firm to it or anything.

A dual 2 ohm configuration would be better for the sub I am building and I am trying to guess how long I would have to wait vs. getting something else right now.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Kevin,

I have been thinking about getting a Shiva-X and I noticed there is a new dual 2 ohm version in the works. Do you happen to have an ETA yet on that product? I understand it would only be an estimate at this point. I'm not going to hold you firm to it or anything.

A dual 2 ohm configuration would be better for the sub I am building and I am trying to guess how long I would have to wait vs. getting something else right now.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
I'm afraid for the Shiva-X it is going to be a long wait. I have plenty of stock of the current version so when I get the new one, depends on how fast the current product sells. I'm estimating Fall of this year at the rate they are currently selling.

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm afraid for the Shiva-X it is going to be a long wait. I have plenty of stock of the current version so when I get the new one, depends on how fast the current product sells. I'm estimating Fall of this year at the rate they are currently selling.

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio
Thank you. Thant helps me with my decision.

The dual 8 ohm is still a fantastic driver. I may just pick one of those up and upgrade to the new unit later.

Mike

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you feel comfortable giving us an ETA on the new Tempest-X?

I assume the new Maelstrom-X is the stock you are currently selling although the images show the old tinsel lead style.

Mike

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Do you feel comfortable giving us an ETA on the new Tempest-X?

I assume the new Maelstrom-X is the stock you are currently selling although the images show the old tinsel lead style.

Mike
Not yet.... we ran into a suspension issue on the Klippel and it required yet another revision and sample. I'm waiting on another Klippel with updates and after we approve it, it's 60-90 days until I have stock.

I originally thought this was going to be a quick and easy change. It has turned out to be anything but "easy" but hey... that is the way it works sometimes.

And you are correct, the picture on the site is from the last product cycle. I'll need to take some more pictures and do some web development this summer.

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not yet.... we ran into a suspension issue on the Klippel and it required yet another revision and sample. I'm waiting on another Klippel with updates and after we approve it, it's 60-90 days until I have stock.

I originally thought this was going to be a quick and easy change. It has turned out to be anything but "easy" but hey... that is the way it works sometimes.
I am sure the result will be worth the wait. :bigsmile:

Mike

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I am sure the result will be worth the wait. :bigsmile:

Mike
It is a good driver. It isn't drastically different than the old one outside of picking up some BL so that it works better in smaller enclosures and an update to the inductance rings. It is more of an evolution of the same driver rather than a radical model change.

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio

1 - 7 of 7 Posts