Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Re: ***** UPDATED (w/pics) ****** Dual RE SE-12 End table sub build...

Hello All!

Well, I got to work on the enclosure some more tonight. The "peanut" board is veneered. It went quite a bit easier than what I had anticipated. The feet to the sub are attached and glued in place. Most of the edge banding is on as well. I think that I have 4 pieces of edge banding left to put on the peanut board. I am stoked! Once I have the edge banding in place, I will stain it and paint the inner edge of the peanut board and attach it as well. I still have to cut some plugs to fill the bottom screw holes and I still have to make the drawer face and the doors. Those won't take long to do at all. Probably 2 hours worth of work on the drawer face and the doors.

Here are the pics....

Attach file:

P1010038_sm.jpg (159.05 KB)

P1010039_sm.jpg (115.11 KB)

·
Registered
4,418 Posts

Way awesome build, super stealth. Everyone is gonna wonder where the bass is coming from.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #86

Hello All!

I figured I better post this before Easter, wow... Easter... Already?? Anyway, the peanut board is painted, along with the ports and the bottom of the enclosure itself. The paint is FAR from perfect, but I don't claim to be able to paint that well. If there is any area that I can work on, that would be it. Anyway, here are the pics, have a great weekend.

Attach file:

P1010048_sm.jpg (133.68 KB)

P1010047_sm.jpg (150.18 KB)

P1010043_sm.jpg (111.80 KB)

P1010041_sm.jpg (122.29 KB)

P1010040_sm.jpg (137.03 KB)

P1010042_sm.jpg (170.05 KB)

·
Registered
203 Posts

Amazing work, interesting choice in drivers but the results speak for themselves and that is a great looking cabinet and the response graph is awesome too :clap:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #89

Amazing work, interesting choice in drivers but the results speak for themselves and that is a great looking cabinet and the response graph is awesome too :clap:
Yep, the results speak for themselves for sure. More measurements will come later when the sub is actually in the house.....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #90

Happy Easter All!

Even on a holiday, I find myself working on it LOL! Anyway, not a whole lot done, you WILL notice that the peanut board is ON the box... FINALLY! That means that construction is coming to a close pretty soon. All that is left is to build the doors, drawer face and varnish it. There is still some minor work left, trimming of the plugs on the bottom, and sanding them flush. I know, I know I stained the bottom already. I think I got a tad ahead of myself somewhat. Not a big deal though. Hopefully this week I will get the doors done and on the enclosure. Until then, here are the pics....

Attach file:

P1010049_sm.jpg (104.86 KB)

P1010050_sm.jpg (129.40 KB)

P1010052_sm.jpg (164.86 KB)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
All I can say is WOW! What type of black paint did you use on the ports and the inserts.
cheers

Graham
Thanks guys!

Graham,

I used Rustoleum high gloss for the peanut board (3 coats) and Rustoleum Primer (5 - 6 coats). For the ports I used Rustoleum (I think... will have to verify) paint for plastics. I purchased it at my local AutoZone store.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Well, not a whole lot of work was done tonight. I did get the plugs trimmed and stained. The next task is the drawer face and doors. That will happen next week. This weekend is pretty much spoken for. Going to the gun range!

Here are the pics, enjoy!

Attach file:

P1010053_sm.jpg (174.05 KB)

P1010054_sm.jpg (220.57 KB)

P1010057_sm.jpg (114.55 KB)

P1010061_sm.jpg (110.71 KB)

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
I am stunned for words. Really excellent work mate. Looking forward to some graphs.

Attention to detail all the way through has amazed me. :T

cheers

Graham

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Sure lookin good. Speakin of guns I sure could handle pullin a couple rounds off with the 500 smith&wesson, it's been awhile.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Beautiful work man. I love RE audio's products. They sound good and get low too. I haven't had or heard a RE product that disappointed me.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
This is an awesome build. Great attention to details, and lots of hard work.

A good song to check out how low a sub can go and how well the bass is balanced is Drug Money by Lil' Burn One on Youtube. Check out the version by jRilla187. He slowed it down, and it has some mean low notes in it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Hey all! Just an update. I haven't worked on it in a couple weeks... yeah... been really busy with a family reunion, prom (not that I'm in high-school or anything like that, but because I'm the school board president), and a funeral/wake to attend... yeah been kinda busy. I plan on finishing the build up this coming week. I should have pics for you next week some time.

81 - 100 of 112 Posts