Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Hey all!

I guess it has been a few weeks since my last update. I finally got to work on the project some more. I got the doors and drawer face done today. I still have to glue them and get them stained. Once that is done, I will start the varnish. Hopefully, if all goes well, I should have it done some time this week. UGH... Here are the pics....

Attach file:

P1010171_sm.jpg (104.71 KB)

P1010172_sm.jpg (105.96 KB)

P1010173_sm.jpg (112.39 KB)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Hello all!

I have to say, spring is here and so is the weather! Living in tornado alley is not fun. Anyway, I am just about finished with the build. The doors are stained, mounted and the first few coats of varnish have been applied. I have to say, I am very happy with the result thus far. Not much else to add really. The doors are mounted with real hinges and fastened permanently to the enclosure via a 1/8" thick x 3/4" wide strip of wood. This piece also acts as a spacer. By having hinges on the doors, they cause a gap between the back of the door and the face of the box. The spacer is placed close to where the pull is on the door, which evens up the space behind the door. The drawer face is glued directly onto the face of the enclosure.

Here are the pics.... Enjoy!

Attach file:

P1010193_sm.jpg (131.14 KB)

P1010195_sm.jpg (283.75 KB)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Well the day has come! The sub is finally in its resting place. I have to say, it looks fantastic! One thing though, make SURE you have all of your wires connected correctly. Yeah, I got one sub backwards, and it sounded real bad. Once I figured out what the problem was, let me tell you.... OUT ******** STANDING!!!!! The low notes are intense, and not one hint of distortion. I will be fine tuning the response somewhat over the next few days and will have a response curve up soon. Right now, I'm a tad bit excited, just because it sounds really good with the low notes, but overall it's a very musical box. The music sounds very natural, and not over-bearing. All in all, I am VERY pleased! Here are the pics of it. My wife told me that I will be sitting next to it from now on LOL!

Attach file:

P1010201_sm.jpg (326.60 KB)

P1010200_sm.jpg (336.55 KB)

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
Thats fantastic, top job :T Hope the misses really appreciate the lengths you have gone to in the aid of keeping you both happy.

Top Job :yes:

101 - 112 of 112 Posts