Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Re: when is it time?

I tend to keep things forever, so I might not be the one to ask. IMO, however, many of the newest receivers have become quite good at integrating switching and have worked through most of the HDMI issues, so it might be time to consider it if you want to simplify your system wiring.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts

It depends on your needs, What do you have for equipment and what are you expecting out of it?

·
Registered
113 Posts

The response to your question is a personal preference. If I were you, I would certainly look at upgrading my receiver and speakers depending on my budget. I typically upgrade my equipment when the need arises - for example, when new audio formats or decoders become "necessary" to compliment the rest of my equipment. With 7.1 channel, Dolby True HD, DTS Master formats becoming more and more commonplace, it would make sense to get the equipment that would be able to handle those features. It doesn't make sense to get a great DVD or Bluray player and not have a AV receiver/processor/amp/speakers that would allow you to enjoy the full capability of the player. I firmly believe that a HT system is only as good as the weakest component. In any case, that's my excuse for succumbing to the upgrade bug :bigsmile:

·
Banned
22,577 Posts

Main Home Audio/Video System Equipment List
RCA RT600 Home theater receiver, Emerson center channel, original RCA surrounds and sub.
GPX DVD player, Zenith VCR.
NOW!

But before you do that... upgrade your speakers first. They will make the most notable difference.

Are you considering upgrading and if so, what is your budget?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts