·
Registered
2,261 Posts
"Take those old (tapes) off the shelf
I sit and listen to 'em by myself
That new music ain't got the same soul
I like that old time rock and roll"
--Sorta Seger

This is news to me. I've heard of newer bands releasing material on vinyl and CD at the same time. But cassette, too? Hmmmm. Maybe next they'll come out with a CD to cassette recorder!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They see how vinyl is coming back so they feed off peoples feeling of nostalgia and hope the same will happen with Tape.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Ok so whats next 8 track :rolleyes:

Tapes were nice in the day due to the ability to record your own mixes but with CDr thats a mute point and a person can cram alot more songs onto a CDr

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
In the case of cassette or open-reel, you could watch the supply and take-up spools go 'round and 'round. So maybe there's a fascination with becoming dizzy?
Yes, more songs on CDr. And for the first time (I think) Beethoven's 9th Symphony able to be played without interruption?

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Yay! I can be as fashionable as vinyl for a fraction of the cost. Lololol. I love deep cuts on tape. After its all stretched out and can't keep time, there's so much magic. Man I do NOT miss cassettes. They do touch a nerve of my youth. Kinda like when my dentist hits a nerve...... Hmmm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts