Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The biggest, but the biggest should always reach 100% or 0 dB if the impulse graph controls are set to normalise to the peak.
Thanks John

It seems to be sometimes a smaller negative peak then a larger negative peak is this normal?

I have looked back on other measurements and sometimes the biggest peak has gone from negative to positive with absolutely nothing changing other than possibly mics or postioing. Im confused why this could happen

I'm I doing something wrong?

Thanks again

·
REW Author
6,711 Posts
It seems to be sometimes a smaller negative peak then a larger negative peak is this normal?
Yes

I have looked back on other measurements and sometimes the biggest peak has gone from negative to positive with absolutely nothing changing other than possibly mics or postioing. Im confused why this could happen
The overall sum of signals varies with position.

I'm I doing something wrong?
Probably not.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi John thank you

Even with small mic positioning it change from a peak to a negative?

I am trying to see if my centre is out of phase. This is a negative

Thank you

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hi John I have checked the polarity and it is connected correctly but the graphs shows incorrect polarity.

I have swapped the wires and polarity is good now, according to the graphs

Is it common that the internal wiring has been incorrectly wired?

Sorry at the moment I cant post files

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi John to setup up the timing acoustic do I leave all the measurements with Acoustic Timing selected?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Sorry, I don't understand the question.
Hi John e.g. Left Main is reference do I measure with Acoustic Timing (in preference's) ticked for all measurements including the reference (in this case Left Main)?

Thanks

21 - 29 of 29 Posts