Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have searched the forum, and can see that many people recommending E-MU or M-Audio sound cards. But I cannot find a post telling a "succes story" about a specific card.

So I was hoping if anyone can tell if they have used one of the two following usb-cards succesfully with REW?

M-Audio Mobile Pre USB

E-MU 04040

The two cards above have the right price (for me) and have phantom power for the microphone. I am using a Behringer ECM8000 with it. Personally I am leaning towards the M-Audio. But I would appreciate hearing about some experiences before buying :)

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Any soundcard will work with REW as long as it has a line-out and line-in (or an XLR mic in with phantom power).

The only problems have been with cards that the manufacturers haven't provided proper drivers for Vista or W7.

brucek

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any soundcard will work with REW as long as it has a line-out and line-in (or an XLR mic in with phantom power).

The only problems have been with cards that the manufacturers haven't provided proper drivers for Vista or W7.

brucek
I know, but even though all sound cards should work in theory, I still see forum topics about cards which cannot calibrate probably etc. So I would feel best about buying a card which I know some people have used with succes running vista/W7.

·
Super Moderator
9,289 Posts

If you want the sound card merely for REW and don’t specifically need some feature that the M-audio and E-MU offer, you might consider the Tascam US-122L. It’s quite a bit cheaper than those other two you’re looking at.

Here’s a thread where the M-Audio was used successfully – not sure what the OS was, however.

What you might do is Google “m-audio mobile pre reviews” etc. and see what you can find on these cards. Often people will mention what their OS is in their comments.

Regards,
Wayne

1 - 4 of 4 Posts