Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

USB-Soundcard with mic amp which works!

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Wayne A. Pflughaupt 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have searched the forum, and can see that many people recommending E-MU or M-Audio sound cards. But I cannot find a post telling a "succes story" about a specific card.

So I was hoping if anyone can tell if they have used one of the two following usb-cards succesfully with REW?

M-Audio Mobile Pre USB

E-MU 04040

The two cards above have the right price (for me) and have phantom power for the microphone. I am using a Behringer ECM8000 with it. Personally I am leaning towards the M-Audio. But I would appreciate hearing about some experiences before buying :)

#4 ·

If you want the sound card merely for REW and don’t specifically need some feature that the M-audio and E-MU offer, you might consider the Tascam US-122L. It’s quite a bit cheaper than those other two you’re looking at.

Here’s a thread where the M-Audio was used successfully – not sure what the OS was, however.

What you might do is Google “m-audio mobile pre reviews” etc. and see what you can find on these cards. Often people will mention what their OS is in their comments.

Regards,
Wayne

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.