Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pardon the amateur question!!

I have some fabric that I hope to use as drapes and to cover my acoustic treatments (bass traps and broadband absorption traps). I was hoping I could use REW to take some readings with and without the fabric covers on my treatments to see whether the fabric is hampering absorption (I exepct, if there is a problem, it would be with mid and high frequencies).

So, I was thinking i could take some one REW measurement with the fabric covers on my treatments and one measurement with the fabric covers removed and look for any major differences? I am assuming I would use a measurement reading something like 0Hz start frequency and 20,000Hz end frequency?

Does my plan sound reasonable? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
I would use a measurement reading something like 0Hz start frequency and 20,000Hz end frequency?
While a RadioShack meter is not accurate above about 3KHz, there's no reason you can't use it to 20KHz when doing relative comparisons as long as you realize it isn't accurate in the absolute....

brucek

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3KHz = 30,000Hz, correct?

When I try to set my end frequency to 30,000Hz on the measure screen, it automatically changes to 20,000Hz when I tab to the next setting. Something that I am doing wrong?

Does the rest of my plan make sense?

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts