Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i whant to use my old subs i had in my car..they are 2 12 kicker c12..150w rms each.....i just whant to give them a try...instead of just being there collecting dust, plus i whant more bass for all this videogaming...lol...i just dont whant to hear it but feel it 2....they are going to be powered by any amp that is 300 watts rms....maybe the bash 300 will do it..........hope some one can help me on the box....internal volume,port frequency tuning....thanks......i got the tools/time/material to do it.

Kicker Comp C12

Nominal Impedance: 4 or 8 Ohms
Sensitivity: [email protected],1m
Power Handling Watts, Peak (RMS): 300 (150)
DC Resistance: 3.69 Ohms
Fs: 26.5Hz
Qts: 0.427
Qes: 0.447
Qms: 9.61
BL: 12.50Tm
EXmax: 9.61mm
Vas: 127.65L
sd: 82.5 in2
Mms: 113.57g
Le : 2.90mH
Diameter: 12 inchs

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will this be a good box design
h=30
w=33
d=23

3/4 mdf

11.17 ft3

22 hz with two 4" flared ports 11" long
plus bracing

i whant the subs to be firing down with the ports in the front... thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what do you think about these 2 designs what do you think about this slot ported one i made......do you think is correct...

i know the one with the round ports is much easier to make but the flared ports are hard to find.....

the slot ported one is much harder to make but i can do it..thanks

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yup the box is done...yup its finally done.......im picking up a bash 300w amp this week......ill post some pics of the box.....im using an old sharp stereo to power them up, hooked to a passive crossover i took of some theater research sub i found..lol...... it hits nice low and deep.plus te subs barely move.....you can hear a lil bit voice on the subs but thats cause of the passive crossover.......cant wait to power them up with that bash amp.......plus i built my box using a drill, jigsaw, and a sander...lol............my neighbor is the one with all the tools since he's a carpenter..........so i had to struggle and suffer....but i got it done

thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey how you ben well me just here enjoying my system to the max...well one of my friends came by and he couldnt believe my system..hes all like were did you buy it ...lol i was like i built it myself with the help from this website....so now he wants one 2...... but hes only going to use one 12 inch sub like the one i have..can you help me out on this one 2...thanks

single 12

Kicker Comp C12

Nominal Impedance: 4 or 8 Ohms
Sensitivity: [email protected],1m
Power Handling Watts, Peak (RMS): 300 (150)
DC Resistance: 3.69 Ohms
Fs: 26.5Hz
Qts: 0.427
Qes: 0.447
Qms: 9.61
BL: 12.50Tm
EXmax: 9.61mm
Vas: 127.65L
sd: 82.5 in2
Mms: 113.57g
Le : 2.90mH
Diameter: 12 inchs

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i got my subs wired at 8 ohm cause they are single 4 ohm coild....is there any other thing i can do to have them boath at 4 ohm...can i wire them at 2 ohmn and add any kind of resistor to bring them up to 4 ohmn....

well these are the pics of my ghetto sub build
just using a jigsaw and drill..lol..i just wished i hade a table saw ...

2 kicker c12 subs 300w rms
10 cu.ft. tuned to 22 hz
producing 114 - 116 db at 20 hz with room gain

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
With your subs wired for 8 ohms they are seeing 150 watts from the amp. In that box size and tuning they are at their maximum Xmax, you're getting as much out of them as you can.

Your friends box should be 5 cu. ft. tuned to 22 hz with one 4" port 11" long. If he's going to use the same amp as you, his sub will see 300 watt into 4 ohms which is way too much power for one of these subs in this box size and tuning. He will have to be careful not to over drive the sub. If the sub starts to bottom out he'll have to turn the amp down. He does have the option to build a second identical sub in the future, wire both for a 8 ohm load and have the same output as you.

And thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
will there be a sound diference if a was running 300w to mines....well it does sound loud now but i just whant to know how it will sound with 300w will it be louder , cause 150w rms is just enought for 1 speaker..........maybe ill sale these and get me 2 8 omhs models.....he already has an amp thats about 150-200 w rms.....thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts