Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First things first I guess- I've been out of the home theater arena for quiet some time (I used to be a moderator here on the Projector Screen/DIY Screen forum, and wrote many movie reviews back in the day :) ) ... Anyway, a lot of life events took me away from everything. Now that I have a less hectic life I want to set a system back up again. I know it's not going to be an 'ultra high end setup' like a lot on here have. What I used to have (still have all the gear but it's really dated now) was a Pioneer 5.1 AV receiver mated to Bose 501's as the main front channels, a Bose center channel, and 301's as my rear surrounds. Video was done either through a Sony SXRD (told you it was dated!) for casual viewing and a Panasonic 120" projector setup for movie nights.

That was then, this is now- I still have the Bose speaker and am about to get them back into my possession. Actually I have the receiver and projector too. My setup right now is a TCL 75R615 4K TV with a Vizio sound bar with wireless rear speakers. I have to say the picture quality always blows guests away, and most of the time the sound is even impressive for a sound bar. The biggest complaint I have is audio sync issues. It seems to happen a lot after a movie is paused, or a streaming channel goes to commercial and back. It's not only annoying, it's embarrassing at times. What I would like is a new AV receiver that does 4K and plenty of HDMI inputs, but I have grown rather fond of the wireless rear surround setup. I will also be upgrading to an 85" 4K TV so I want the sound to match the size and quality of the image.

Is there a way to use the sound bar as my center channel and the wireless rear speakers and my 501's as my front main channel speakers until I upgrade those? The better option I'd think would be to get a receiver that has wireless surround, but I really don't know what's out there anymore and I found searching wasn't bringing up what I was looking for- now days it seems sound bars are the big thing, but I've read about many brands and the audio sync issue. Plus I just like the sound of some big power full range speakers. Any suggestions and guidance would be great! :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts