Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a new Panasonic TC-P42X1 and there is no option on the back for external audio out EXCEPT for an optical digital audio out. I have powered computer speakers and would like to hook these up to this TV however, the plug on the speakers is a normal stereo jack. I have no DVD player hooked to this TV or receiver, only my direct TV HD box. Is there an adapter I can buy to go from stereo to optical digital? Is there another way to hook it up to the satellite box to control the speakers through the TV? I do realize it would be much easier to hook up a DVD or receiver but my space is limited and I will be using a PC for DVD purposes later. Any help would be appreciated!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help. I do want to try and run the speakers through the PC however I don't (not so much me, rather my wife) want to have to get up every time I want to adjust the volume. It looks as if I'll need to connect my DVD player to the system to get the speakers to work right until I get the PC up and running.....which is an entire new set of problems.

Thanks guys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.