Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally now have everything I need to set up REW. Before I EQ, I want to find the best sub location for the room.

1) Should I run measurments with the sub only/ mains turned off when seaking the best pre-eq location, or is it better to use the mains as well to see how different sub locations interact with the mains?

2) I have three main listening positions. I realize that I can only eq for one optimal spot, but when finding the best sub location, does REW have some type of average, if I take measurments from all three seats to determine the best sub location with the least compromises for each seat. Or, am I just better off going with the main seat, and not worry about the others?

Thanks
Greg

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
1) Should I run measurments with the sub only/ mains turned off when seaking the best pre-eq location, or is it better to use the mains as well to see how different sub locations interact with the mains?
Sub only first.................

2) I have three main listening positions. I realize that I can only eq for one optimal spot, but when finding the best sub location, does REW have some type of average, if I take measurments from all three seats to determine the best sub location with the least compromises for each seat. Or, am I just better off going with the main seat, and not worry about the others?
That's up to you. REW certainly has the Average feature, where it can average up to 8 positions and create a new response from this for you to apply filters, but it may not be what you want. Some people create a BFD filter program for the critical listening position and then another program for the average.

brucek

1 - 2 of 2 Posts