Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
V5.15 has now been released and is available from the website. I have changed the naming of the "offline" installers to "with JRE" to clarify how they differ. There is also a "multi" insatller for Windows that allows multiple instances of REW. The changes compared to V5.14 are:

• Added an acoustic timing reference option
  • Added a measurement option to wait for the timing reference signal to be detected when using an acoustic reference
  • Added a left/right output channel selector when using Java drivers, meas sweep only appears on selected channel unless using loopback, when it appears on both
  • Rearranged the input and output selectors on the Soundcard preferences panel
  • Added a "Both" option to the output channel selector when using Java drivers
  • Added output selectors on the measurement dialog
  • Added the timing reference mode and timing reference output name to the measurement Info panel
  • Added the output name to the measurement Info panel
  • Start delay is available for both SPL and impedance measurements, relocated the start delay controls below the Start Measuring button
  • Increased range of impedance Y axis to 10k
  • Rearranged the signal generator controls
  • Added output selection to the signal generator
  • Changed signal generator linear and log sweep fade in and fade out to 10 ms (fade in was 8k samples at start freq, fade out was 8k samples)
  • Made the signal generator export filenames more descriptive
  • Removed the confirmation dialog after signal WAV generated
  • Added sample rate, start freq and end freq to default filenames for sweeps saved as WAV
  • Added bit length selection to signal generator WAV export (16, 24 or 32-bit WAV files can be generated)
  • Added option to add timing reference signal when saving measurement sweep as WAV
  • When meas sweep is selected on signal generator start and end frequency spinners reflect chosen sweep start/end rather than being half/double
  • Added a cursor frequency line over the surface of the waterfall plot
  • Added a cursor frequency line over the surface of the waterfall overlay plot
  • Removed the fade to graph colour at the bottom of the spectrogram to better define the lower parts of the plot
  • Restored Violet as the bottom colour for the Rainbow spectrogram colour scheme
  • Added an equaliser setting for the Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core
  • Added a display of the CEA-2010 peak level on the RTA graph
  • Added next and previous 1/3rd octave frequency buttons to the CEA burst generator
  • Show CEA peak value in red if any harmonic limits are exceeded
  • Only show CEA overlay on RTA when in spectrum mode
  • Show CEA overlay on saved RTA measurements that have valid CEA data
  • Use smoothed trace as reference for CEA thresholds (was using unsmoothed previously)
  • Prevent long file names from wrapping in the measurement panel
  • Append time of day to end of each line in SPL log files
  • Added option to have SPL logger create a file in the REW logs directory for each day and log to it whenever it runs
  • Added a View preference to use 0 dBFS as the rms value of a full scale sine wave rather than -3 dBFS
  • Reduced lower freq limit of RTA for FFT lengths above 8k
  • Moved file preview generator into a separate thread to avoid delaying display of file dialog
  • Removed redundant check for 0..1 input volume range
  • Bug fix: Drop Small filters used a threshold of 1 dB instead of half the flatness target in some circumstances
  • Bug fix: Apply Windows could fail when the overlays window was being used
  • Bug fix: Loading cal file could fail when using UMIK under Linux
  • Bug fix: Controls in graph axis limits dialog could disappear under some circumstances
  • Bug fix: Var, Psy and ERB smoothing did not work on RTA spectrum trace
  • Bug fix: Spectrogram contours were not redrawn when plot range was changed
  • Bug fix: Frequency axis grid lines were not drawn on floor of waterfall when using linear frequency axis
  • Bug fix: Group Delay was not updated properly when FDW applied
  • Bug fix: Minimum Phase response was not updated when windowing was changed

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
I tried to use 5.15 and got no input from my USB mic. I had been using 5.14 with no problem. I had to roll back to the last version I could find to download, which was 5.11. It then worked normally again.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Should work fine. There is a bug in 5.15 with "Check Levels" on the Measure panel, the input meters don't get turned on, but otherwise all should work normally.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,377 Posts
Extensive amount of upgrades, John. I'll make sure we give some attention to its release on social media!
+1

I counted almost 4 dozen bullet point items in the first post. Seems like this should be called version 10 because of all that. :T

·
Registered
18 Posts
First let me add my THANKS to John for creating such a useful tool, and making it freely available to all us nerds, really really appreciate it! I recently worked with the newly released timing reference, and it made quite a noticeable difference in the coherence of my system. Which leads me to a question and a comment, first the question: in the article on doing measurements, near the very end, it says "Note that delay values are not accurate for subwoofer measurements". For me this still left a lot of use for the timing delay measurements as my mains are all active dsp xo's with variable delays on each channel. If the timing reference / delay measurement isn't applicable to sub to main alignment, what do you recommend as the best approach for time aligning mains to subs?

Now for the comment: I think many of us will find the timing measurement useful enough, that it might be better not to bury it in the information section of the measurement. How about this instead, in the little windows on the left side that list all the current measurements, how about adding a line of text to each measurement that lists the delay value?

In any case, really great work, I'm very very grateful!

Doug

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think many of us will find the timing measurement useful enough, that it might be better not to bury it in the information section of the measurement. How about this instead, in the little windows on the left side that list all the current measurements, how about adding a line of text to each measurement that lists the delay value?
Sure, I've done that for the next beta release.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Should work fine. There is a bug in 5.15 with "Check Levels" on the Measure panel, the input meters don't get turned on, but otherwise all should work normally.
Hello John,
I've been using REW with minidsp usb mic for a long time now for my measures (mbp 17" late 2011 i7 LION with maudio fast track C400 usb as output)
In the previous version all worker wonderfully well after java builted in.
In the newer V5.15 i can calibrate check signals as normal but as soon i enter the measurement window i cant have signal in the mic VU or it just says volume to low.
48.000 L R or BOTH or even changing buffer theres no way i can get signal.
After downgrade to the previous version everything is working as it should.
Ive tried to do measure without cheking the levels with no sucess.
Im i missing something?
Thanks for all you work on this wonderfull powerhouse software.
Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
After being using the 5.0 v during long time without problems, on my mbp with yosemite, I upgrade to the latest version, and it doesn't work.
No way. So i deleted, and tried to instal the old version, and now says the file is corrupted.
Now i can't instal neither old or new version. Help !

Edit; i tried v 5.14 and I can instal the program. But If now i try the .15 the problem appears again.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts