Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
As far as tape decks are concerned the Nakamichi lineup was the very best available at the time. Sadly not many still use tapes anymore and you would be lucky to get much for it due to its age unless you find a collector.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
The Nakamichi dragon was an amazing tape deck it had a very unique auto revers that flipped the tape over rater than reversing the direction and turning the head. It is still regarded to be the best deck ever made. My cousin still has his but he does not use it any more.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Yes, the Dragon is widely considered to be the best cassette deck ever made. However, the Dragon did not flip tapes. It was the RX series that did that. AFAIK there were three RX models the RX-505, RX-303 and RX-202.
I stand corrected, The RX dose flip the tape, My cousin still has his 505 and it still functions. The flipping of the tape was very quick (About 2 seconds) not sure what slow reversal your talking about The one he has dose have auto azimuth as well as automatic fade in and fade out level controls plus had the ability to program what song track you wanted to play in any order.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts