Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
2,264 Posts
I second Tony's concensus regarding Nak and their tape decks; there was a time in stereo history when you were da bomb, so to speak, if you owned a Nakamichi cassette deck -- I always wanted one, but instead owned nice Kenwoods and even a Sony model...although I have to say, the friend of mine that got me into Onkyo's audio products had a Sony ES three-head deck and that thing was absolutely unbelievable...it truly made tapes sound like CDs (recorded tapes). The thing was amazing. I know he paid a lot for it back then. Now, I wouldn't touch a Sony audio product with Lindsay Lohan's experlative-painted fingers...

But it's also true what Tony says here, in that many just don't use tape decks anymore...I had a huge cassette single collection that I simply lost during a cross country move, but I myself don't see a need for cassettes in my current stereo rack...CDs, CD recording decks, vinyl records and a good amp/receiver/tuner seems to be the core of a good two channel rig.

·
Banned
2,264 Posts
Wow fellas...now this is bringing back memories...

The Nakamichi Dragon...wow...that's a blast from the past!

:T

I wish I could have afforded something like that new when I was into tapes, but always ended up with good, but more affordable Kenwood dual dubbing decks...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts