Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Epson Home Cinema 1080UB. My room is 11'7" x14'4". I am looking at buying a 120" fixed-frame screen. Since we're currently buying a house, cost is a factor, so I found these two screens. I'd love to hear from people who have experience with one or the other or both. What are the advantages? disadvantages? What is the quality of the screen material? How often does vapex have sales/discounts?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
My Jamestown screen is more than two years old now and its holding up very well. For the money they may very well be the best deal going.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Jamestown screen is more than two years old now and its holding up very well. For the money they may very well be the best deal going.
Thanks tony. Does your Jamestown have the aluminum frame and the screen with the black backing? Or did you get his previous (all-wood) frame and white backing?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I have pictures of it here

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great on your wall! Just out of curiosity, why'd you choose the 2.35 AR and not 16:9? I've seen a lot of people choosing the same as you.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I went with 2,35:1 - 2,40:1 simply because a majority of movies these days are shot that way. I hate having the black bars on the top and bottom of the image and that was the best solution.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts