Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an update from our LG contacts about the launch of LG's 4K 65" and 77" OLED TVs.

Take a look at our 4K OLED dedicated site for the surprising price and features, like the wider color pallet, DCI and other exclusive OLED features.

-Robert

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Robert,

When you get a chance/opportunity, ask LG why they make them curved. To me, and I'm sure to most others, flat would be ideal. Is there some sort of constraint that they cannot make them flat?

Thanks, as always, for the news! :T

mech

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mech, I've asked LG's director of product management and they say other than what we already know about reducing reflections, it adds to the immersive experience when viewed close.

For me, at first I was opposed to the curve, but as I got to view several of the curved models the curve panel look grew on me and I began to enjoy it. It's a very slight curve that is barely noticeable when sitting centered to the TV.

At our TV Shootout an expert will be reviewing all of the reasons and benefits in viewing a gently curved display. Stand by for more on this.

-Robert

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Thanks Robert!

My biggest concern with the curve would be someone sitting off at a wide angle - 30 degrees or even more. I picture this display in my living room and there's generally someone sitting off to one side on a love seat and it would be about 40-45 degrees off axis.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to this year's shootout!

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mech, understood, but let's see what Samsung and LG say about the curved displays at our TV Shootout. Should be interesting. If you watch the live event we're moderating viewers comments and will pass along questions to the speakers and our panel of experts.

-Robert

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just sent you an email.

We don't have a shopping cart as we are a brick and mortar store and not eCommerce so we enjoy speaking to all of our clients. Our dedicated LG OLED website should have prices listed along with our special offers.

As of my last update from LG we are on schedule to have our first allocation next week. Hopefully Thanksgiving won't delay the delivery.

-Robert

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got confirmation of my fist allotment of LG's 4K 65EC9700 Ultra HD OLED TVs.

This has been the single most exciting and important display advancement since the mighty Kuros.

-Robert

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^ Week of 12/8/14

-Robert

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LG's 65" 4K Ultra HD OLED, 65EC9700 was delayed, but has been shipping for the past week or two.

We're also scheduled to receive our first allocation of 77"4K OLED TVs, model 77EG9700 mid January '15.

The 2015 4K OLED TVs models were leaked by Robert Heron, they are expected to start rolling out the summer of 2015. We'll learn more at LG's CES press conference at 8am, Monday January 5th.

2015 is the year of OLED.

Happy New Year!

-Robert

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've decided to have LG's 65" and 77" 4K OLED TVs on display just after CES and we'll be calibrating and evaluating them on our TV Shootout wall against the best plasma and LCD/LED 4K TVs

I just put up an offer to participate in our 65"/77" 4K OLED evaluation event on my LG OLED dedicated website.

Here's a cut and paste of the offer:

"Email [email protected] to get on our invitation list to participate as we calibrate & evaluate LG's 65" & 77" 4K OLED TVs on our famous TV Shootout wall"

Hope to see many forum members.

-Robert

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
65" 4K OLED Ultra HD TV shipment has arrived along with another allocation of 55" EC9300s.

-Robert

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm definitely going to try and get down to the store next week and see this set in person...up close. Photos look incredible.
-Carmen

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'm definitely going to try and get down to the store next week and see this set in person...up close. Photos look incredible.
-Carmen
You are lucky to be so close to V.E. Here in So. Calif, it will be months before a 65" shows up somewhere.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts