Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a total beginner in the DIY speaker realm I was wondering if this Velleman subwoofer kit might be a good starting point. I have been doing alot of reading and some of the details are starting to seem familiar, but seems like a daunting task to pick a driver and build something around it... I mean there is a lot of details to get right...

Any nudges in the right direction are very welcome...

I have an older system that still works fine for me. I live in an apartment so size is a factor and neighbors have things to say about too much noise (am already in deep water there).

Thanks in advance!

Brian Kuehn
Stockholm Sweden

·
Registered
704 Posts
Wel... that "kit" requires you to have the skills to build your own enclosure, and it looks to be a fairly low-output system. If you're interested in assembling a kit that is more likely to produce real usable low frequency output, and that comes with the enclosure already assembled, try one of these.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! The Velleman kit gives plans for an enclosure, but I understand what you mean... From the first look at what you suggested they seem to be much better suited for what I understand at the current...

Thanks again!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to Parts Express and attempted to order a kit, but as it usually does, it turned out that the shipping was as much as the kit... So much for living in Europe... but there have to be some alternatives even on this side of the pond...

Thanks again for the help...

·
Registered
704 Posts
Ah. I'm sorry I did not notice you were in Sweden. Have you checked on the Audio Pro forum to see if your fellow Scandinavian music lovers know of a locally available DIY kit? http://www.readybb.com/audiopro/

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again for the info! I have Audio Pro speakers in my system already, I'll have to poke around and see if I can find anything out.

Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts