Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, need some opinions on this pls.
I really wanted the PB-12Plus/PB-12NSD but don't have the space nor the approval from the missus for any of those but lucky enough Pb10NSD survived the selection criteria :)

Hence came up with a few other options as per the title.

Now all these 3 options are around in the same price range for me here in oz .
The size of the living area is around 2800cuft ( including the kitchen that opens up towards the living ) . And due to space constraints, I don't think I'd have the flexibility of moving the sub around to find its sweet-spot. Therefore I assumed a certain level of eq-ing was quite essential in blending the sub into my living which explains the NSD+AS-EQ1 combo.

Which one should I go for ? This is gonna be for movie primarily so the usual "slam" and "punch" are given the highest priority :R

Would it be possible for the new SVS SB-12Plus to be better then the ported 10 NSD ?

The replies much appreciated.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
I would definitely go with whatever lands you the Audyssey AS=EQ1. I will make a huge difference with any sub. Of course, I am partial to SVSound subs, and have had several. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
...due to space constraints, I don't think I'd have the flexibility of moving the sub around to find its sweet-spot. Therefore I assumed a certain level of eq-ing was quite essential in blending the sub into my living which explains the NSD+AS-EQ1 combo...
If you currently have a sub, you can find the best spot for the sub and take that into consideration to choose the new sub.... :innocent:

I'll say... get the biggest sub you can afford :bigsmile:

I'm sure that the SVS sb-12 will be better than the NSD 10... it has a bigger woofer and amp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.