Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up this old Velodyne DLS-3500R a while ago missing it's remote. The remote sets Phase, light, night mode volume and 4 presets for Movies, R&B - Rock, Jazz or Games. Any idea what the default preset is? The rest can all be set by the controls on back or by the receiver using the LFE input.
I'm tempted to replace the Plate amp which is 160 Watts RMS into an 8" 8 ohm driver. The box is ported thru a front slot.
Current frequency response is rated at 35 Hz to 140 Hz.
Parts express has several plate amps. The Dayton SPA250 is a direct fit and at 250 Amps into 4 ohms should work at 150 Watts into 8 ohms. Any ideas?
Any better amp choices?

The goal is to use the sub as a second sub in the rear.

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Picked up this old Velodyne DLS-3500R a while ago missing it's remote. The remote sets Phase, light, night mode volume and 4 presets for Movies, R&B - Rock, Jazz or Games. Any idea what the default preset is? The rest can all be set by the controls on back or by the receiver using the LFE input.
I'm tempted to replace the Plate amp which is 160 Watts RMS into an 8" 8 ohm driver. The box is ported thru a front slot.
Current frequency response is rated at 35 Hz to 140 Hz.
Parts express has several plate amps. The Dayton SPA250 is a direct fit and at 250 Amps into 4 ohms should work at 150 Watts into 8 ohms. Any ideas?
Any better amp choices?

The goal is to use the sub as a second sub in the rear.
I wouldn’t bother. 8” is too small, and low FR is listed as 34hz. That hardly qualifies as a subwoofer imo. Plus, the phase responses of each sub will be very different, and will
Probably cause more problems than you’ll solve. I’d start over from scratch.
I currently have the velodyne. Was wondering if it would be an upgrade to get the BIC F12.
Yes.

Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the trash it goes. Not sure the Bic would be my first choice but will consider it. Thanks for your input

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
In the trash it goes. Not sure the Bic would be my first choice but will consider it. Thanks for your input
Hope that didn’t come off harsh. I was just hoping to be clear.

I probably wouldn’t pick the BIC first either but there are lots of factors. How big is the room, how much you wanna spend, what’s the other sub, what are expectations? Etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ll probably do the DIY thing. I came to the same conclusion. The Velodyne wasn’t worth updating after I started pricing other options. This sub is for the non mancave, as in family room where large speakers/subs don’t meet the happy wife happy life rule. The current sub in this system is a Sunfire True Subwoofer Junior.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts