Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Apparently it is an old style way of brewing beer without some of the current chemicals that speed the process up. I suggested it to a friend and they loved it... Even my wife who is not a beer drinker at all loved it. It was a dark beer that was so smooth it wasn't funny. Give it a try and let me know what you think. :T
Innnnnteresting. I now am very intrigued

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Apparently it is an old style way of brewing beer without some of the current chemicals that speed the process up. I suggested it to a friend and they loved it... Even my wife who is not a beer drinker at all loved it. It was a dark beer that was so smooth it wasn't funny. Give it a try and let me know what you think. :T
I found out that our local brew pub down here in Tucson makes one. it's called their "cask" ale and it's a 100% naturally brewed and carbonated version of their popular draft beers (rotated out every month or so) in a wooden cask.. always on a "first come before it runs out" policy because people go for it fast... I need to check it out next time i'm there :D

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I know I haven't been around as much lately, but I don't know how I missed this post. I knew Sonnie had made a change, but I didn't see the announcement of the sale, so "I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords..." er, I mean welcome to Vertical Scope, and to a fellow Torontonian. It's nice to see some control being moved from the deep south to north of the border. :wave:

·
Registered
630 Posts
I know I haven't been around as much lately, but I don't know how I missed this post. I knew Sonnie had made a change, but I didn't see the announcement of the sale, so "I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords..." er, I mean welcome to Vertical Scope, and to a fellow Torontonian. It's nice to see some control being moved from the deep south to north of the border. :wave:
And another interesting note - VerticalScope also recently bought AVS Forum!

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
I'm surprised they needed to sell. I thought they were doing gangbusters
If one offers the right price, anything is for sale. I believe that the forum was separate from the store but I could be wrong. And I can't recall the name of the company that had it before VS bought it. :scratch: I think they wrote BBS software to compete with vBulletin IIRC. VS followed a similar MO with auto forums. HighDefJunkies may be next...

·
Registered
630 Posts
If one offers the right price, anything is for sale. And I can't recall the name of the company that had it before VS bought it. :scratch: I think they wrote BBS software to compete with vBulletin IIRC.
VerticalScope bought AVS from Huddler Inc

·
Registered
630 Posts
Lol maybe they can move away from the huddler design then. That had been an eyesore for the last couple of years
They have already gone back to the vbulletin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am so happy you and John will even now be a piece of this gathering. I need to wish all of you the fortunes on the planet with your tentative arrangements. It is a direct result of You and John's diligent work that this discussion is the thing that it is today. I might want to welcome Phil and VerticalScope to HTS and I trust that they will keep on keeping this discussion as regarded as it has moved toward becoming. Much obliged to you such a great amount for making this the best gathering on the web. Great luck....

·
Premium Member
5,784 Posts
VerticalScope bought AVS from Huddler Inc
Now they need to clean house with the mods, and stop the favoritism, and kick the bad mods.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts