Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting. New member from Malaysia reports in.

Here is my first graph on Velodyne CHT-12Q with Marantz SR6003 AVR (after Audyssey). How does it look? Ok?

sub at position s1 no2 resized.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Wayne.

REW indeed is a great software and easy to use.

I just plugged the soundcard line out (right channel only) into AVR analog in (right channel only) to do the sub measurement, is this correct?

I'm using RS Digital SPL meter, is it a great idea to measure Front and Centre speakers? How do I measure the main speakers? One speaker at a time?

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
I just plugged the soundcard line out (right channel only) into AVR analog in (right channel only) to do the sub measurement, is this correct?
Correct. Some like to add a Y splitter at the AVR to feed the left and right channel. This allows you to add both the mains to do a sub + mains measure.

I'm using RS Digital SPL meter, is it a great idea to measure Front and Centre speakers? How do I measure the main speakers? One speaker at a time?
You can measure all your speakers by turning off the sub and connecting any speaker you want to measure to the right or left mains output. The AVR is always in stereo when using REW - no multi-channel soundfields allowed.

brucek

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
What brucek said. I'll also add, keep in mind that Radio Shack meter is only accurate out to about 3000 Hz.
I've read that many times and have wondered what is the negative associated with that? If it's only good to 3000 hz... why would I need anything higher than that? I've considered buying a new SPL but not sure why I would need it.

Not being a moo... I just don't know :) thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts