Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know some of you guys use a very fine high pass tuning of subs when Xmax below 15Hz kicks in.
I want to protect the suspension of my Dayton high fidelity reference sub below 18-20Hz with an active correction device. I have a X-Over(Behringer CX2310) that has a cutt filter at 25Hz, but the problem is this is simply too high for my sub, what are your first ideas on this issue?

Happy New Year!
Velti

·
Registered
704 Posts
There are several sub-sonic filters on the market. A surprisingly effective cheap stand-alone solution from Harrison Labs is their PFMOD-SUB passive filter. Most good subwoofer-specific amps and EQ systems include subsonic filters.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx, i should be considering to buy an EQ or a heavy duty amp with extras providing me with that feature

·
Registered
72 Posts
i know some of you guys use a very fine high pass tuning of subs when Xmax below 15Hz kicks in.
I want to protect the suspension of my Dayton high fidelity reference sub below 18-20Hz with an active correction device. I have a X-Over(Behringer CX2310) that has a cutt filter at 25Hz, but the problem is this is simply too high for my sub, what are your first ideas on this issue?

Happy New Year!
Velti

Elemental Designs has a 2 band EQ named the Eq.2 which has a variable subsonic filter adjustment on it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i suspect the Behringer feedback destroyer FBQ 2496 to have an activ HPF :scratchhead: but am not sure.. and that is a smart device.., and if it has HPF i will buy it. Does anyone know besides so many functions whether it has HPF (10-18Hz) ? Cheers, velti

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
i dont want to be disrespectful, not at all, but the enclosure of that device doesnt fit my equipment :doh:..and it offers only HPF with 12 db boost for the lows.
I thought of an intelligent digital device like FBQ 2496 that clould offer, besides the HPFiltering, some other functions too..we know that it offers a lot more than that(feedback supressor, parametric EQ, programmable filters, dsp engine, etc).

Does anyone know if BFD Behringer DSP1124P or Behringer FBQ 2496 supports HPF, as it is not mentioned at the home page but it is so suspicious for devices of that scale?

(Reckhorn B-2 doesnt even have a single simple scale for the potis :dontknow::sad:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts