Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

very weak sub output level with mini dsp

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  apilon 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Good morning

hope you can help me out for a moment here

I built a micro marty box that i outfitted with a TC Sounds LMR-R15 driver that i had.

here how i connected everything :

from Anthem MRX300 sub out rca to inputt1 of minidsp 2 X 4 balanced with cutout end connected to positive and shield with a small wire jumping the shield and negative input

Mini dsp output ( positive, negative, shield) to xlr input of ep4000

speakon connection output 1 (rewire for bridge mode ) to speakon input of micro marty

i am using 2 way advanced 2.1 plugin which i configured with lpf bypass and hpf to 23hz butterworth 12db

upon testing sub level out is very weak measured at 64 db with radio shack meter.

I removed the mini dsp and connected a rca to xlr cable directly to anthem sub out to ep4000 , i was no getting any sound

i tried the same thing with a rca to 1/4 plug sub level output was reaching 76db

Tried same test with a QSC rmx850 same result

So i am basically pulling the few remaining hair i have on my head trying to figure out what is wrong

Please help

Alain

See less See more
#4 ·
I don't know guess it is ......., at 64 it was not but i found the problem. The jumper inside the minidsp unit was set to 2 vrsm i moved it to 0.9 and it solved the low output problem

Gain structure is such a mystery

Alain

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.