Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use a Mac G5 1.8 and the M-Audio Mobile Pre to use with REW.
Went through the setup and cal..

Here is what I got. I know I can't leave links.. my first post and all..so you can get the file here.
I cannot find another post that is expeerinecing this particular problem so I have no idea what may be causing it.

just string it together with a / after com and a / after images. Sorry about this but there is no real way to discribe how the file looks.

hitstreetrecords
com
images
rewmeasure
.tiff

Procedure:
Took out put from 1 to input of one on the Mobile
Calibrated levels
Measure...
This is what came up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I took a screen shot on the Mac and it will only save as .tiff

I will convert and be right back..

·
Registered
20 Posts
What are you measuring?

When doing full freq, use 1/3 smoothing. Go to top left, click graph, click apply 1/3 smoothing. Also, try and use graph settings of vertical = 45db-105dB and horizontal = 15Hz-200Hz for subs and 15Hz-20,000 for full range.

To save the graph, click on the floppy icon at the bottom left of the graph to save as jpeg.

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
That's just noise. You're not receiving anything.

To run the soundcard calibration you need a 1/4" TS phone connector cable from the Channel 1 Inst/Line Input Jack to the Output 1 jack. Is that the cable and connections you're using?

brucek

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes.

Even went through the level adjustment.. Set the levels to match. I had to increase the gain on the input
just like it said in the instructions and the VU came up just like it was suppose to.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya it is definitely a Mac deal because I hooked everything up to my pc and got a good reading right off.
Both Macs I have did the same weirdness.... Pc worked fine... hmmm

Be nice to know how to use it with the mac since that is what is in my studio.

Maybe we could get other mac users together to try and figure this out..unless I am the only one this is happening to (doubtful). I am open to putting in some research time here.

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
I do know that you need an Intel Mac for REW to run properly. I don't know the models of which Macs use Intels though.

We've had lots of Mac mysteries here, so a search on the site might reveal something.

brucek

1 - 12 of 12 Posts