Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really hope i can find an answer here since i didnt get anything on a web search..Well a while ago the mp4 video on my pc*for a fistful of dollars* used to play perfectly..since then i think i installed total video to dvd and itunes..not sure* well upon checkiing recently ,all i see is a green screen no audio and using quicktime i see a black screen and hear audio...dunno????>....:sob:

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
Did you convert the file with Total Video2DVD? If so, it seems the converted file is using a video codec your PC doesn't support.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
It could also be that when he converted the video he removed the HDCP encoding and the display is not allowing it to display. If you are using HDMI or DVI this could likely be the problem.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i recently deleted both v2d and the video itself and torrented the same file back to my pc.....but its still green .i also tried installing the codec pack for wmp but now it plays the file...green again ..i want to believe maybe a codec got messed up along the way?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey thanks for the replies...what i did was uh uninstall whatever programs i was doubtful of ...quicktime and nero-especially when i would open nero startsmart .not see anything ..and see it running in the background(task manager)...using the cpu....then i restarted//.works fine now..thanks to all..hope this helps others who have similar problems.
brandon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts